Established in 1988, we have been in operation for over 30 years! We have expanded our services throughout this time, creating a clear business strategy and offering.
We started out in a small 40,000 sq. ft. factory specialising in Hand Fulfilment before branching out and offering additional services that met our clients’ needs. Becoming part of the Saga Group has provided us with secure financial backing and valuable support. Today, we offer a range of direct marketing services all under one roof, allowing us to produce innovative multi-media campaigns that produce strong results. We work with a variety of sectors, including: Travel, Financial, Public Sector, Retail, Mail Order, Medical and many more.
- MetroMail founded, leased first site in Peterlee
- Became part of the Saga Group of Companies
- Gained Investors in People ‘Silver’ award
- Introduced Polywrap as a new service
- Moved to new purpose built site in Peterlee
- Bought additional Polywrap machines: 1 x Sitma 950 & 2 x Sitma 1050 machines. Also purchased 6 x state-of-the-art BB700 envelope-inserting systems from Buhrs & 6 x cutting and folding machines
- Won NE training company of the year award
- Purchased GMC composition software, workflow software and Cygnus mail sort software
- Purchased our Disaster Recovery site
- Expanded our services to include Automated Transactional Fulfilment
- Invested in our first 24-station Pitney Bowes machine
- Added a further 3 x 24-station Pitney Bowes machines
- Moved to new factory in Seaham
- Invested in 8-colour ManRoland 700 DirectDrive perfector press with a Agfa platesetter, Apogee workflow, Tharstern MIS and a Wohlenberg guillotine
- Kern card-enclosing machine installed
- MetroMail invested £6m in Canon print equipment. This included 2 x 3900z continuous inkjet lines, 2 imagepress C7011 colour cut sheet presses, 4 Canon imageRunner 5250 multi-function devices and software including Océ Prisma architecture, including Trueproof software for pre-press.
- Company rebranded
- Office and canteen refurbished
- New sitma machine purchased